Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ben Stevens
    Keymaster

Is it possible to buy wiring looms?  I appreciate Allard ones are probably not available, but was wondering whether they were originally actually modified ones from something else which is more available?

I’m not quite at the stage of needing it, but if I’m going to be thinking about trying to start the engine soonish I’d want to renew all the necessary wires for that first.

Tim Wilson
    Participant

Yes, Ben; Allard looms are still obtainable. At least one maker advertises in the back of ‘Automobile’ mag. Roger Murray-Evans installed one in my Special, about 8 yrs ago.

Tim!

Ben Stevens
    Keymaster

Thanks for that Tim, but at £500+ I think I might have a go at making my own.

I wonder if anybody has a good quality / hi resolution wiring diagram? The one in the service manual I downloaded is very fuzzy.

Tim Wilson
    Participant

http://www.allardregister.org/technical-links/

This is a link to the 31-page Allard Service manual, Ben. Wiring diagrams are on pp. 30 and 31.

Hth,

Tim.

Ben Stevens
    Keymaster

Thanks for that.  I’ve actually redone that diagram and put readable labels on it.  If anyone has a better copy, perhaps with the individual wire numbers on etc then I’m happy to update this and then it can be uploaded to a central resource page perhaps.

Tim Wilson
    Participant

Great work!

T.

Michael Knapman
    Participant

There are in fact two wiring diagrams. The first is applicable to chassis numbers up to 1500 and the second from chassis 1500

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.