Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ron Dowle
    Participant

Can any one recommend a supplier/ manufacturer of a good quality Convertible Hood And side screens for an Allard K1. I have the old ones which can be used as a pattern.   Ron

BartRatkiewicz
    Participant

Before my K1’s engine problems I had arranged with Car Connection in Birkenhead to make and fit a new hood and cover the new side screen frames with mohair. They quoted £2000 and would need the car for 2 weeks.

I looked at several companies online checking what work they had done and pricing and chatted with them.

The owner is Dave. 0151 652 4317  carconnection@talktalkbusiness.net

Tim Wilson
    Participant

If you needed to have a hood frame constructed, Ron, then Alun at wessexworkshops@aol.com, would be worth contacting. His company is in Wiltshire.
    However, l sense that you probably already have the frame. Alun does, nevertheless, have a contact nearby who makes hoods. Might be worth a word with him – sorry l don’t have a phone number for the hood-maker.

Tim.

BartRatkiewicz
    Participant

I had 3 pairs of side screen frames made using Dave Lovey’s K1s as a pattern.

I have 2 pairs left if anyone needs them. £20 per pair plus postage.

Ron Dowle
    Participant

Many thanks Mel and Tim. I will know exactly what I need after I pick the K1 up next week. I know there is a hood, side screens and frame. Just not sure condition yet. I  Definatly know the side screens will need replacing, but I hope the hood may be salvageable.

DaveLoveys
    Participant

Ron. If you drive it fast enough the rain goes straight over the top making the hood redundant. Joking aside, I find my K1 hood excellent. To improve it one could fit some means of attaching the top of the side screens to the top cover as my hood tends to flap there at anything over 50 mph. Dave.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.