Neil's summary of the engine fits with the notes I took in 2017. Graham said he had made a number of mods to the engine, including a high pressure cooling system and mounting it below the normal hangers. I've a note that he had a spare French V8 crated in his workshop and I'm sure he said he had installed a French V8 in this car. He had a mechanic who visited to work on his cars every Wednesday. Another snippet is that he was very pleased with modifications to the chassis saying it was not only boxed in but also double strength - the inner "C" section fitting inside the outer chassis. He felt they had managed to transform the steering with this stiffening of the chassis, the lowering of the engine, installing a Watts linkage, modern dampers and using large 750 tyres. Des
Des Sowerby
Participant

Neil’s summary of the engine fits with the notes I took in 2017. Graham said he had made a number of mods to the engine, including a high pressure cooling system and mounting it below the normal hangers. I’ve a note that he had a spare French V8 crated in his workshop and I’m sure he said he had installed a French V8 in this car. He had a mechanic who visited to work on his cars every Wednesday.

Another snippet is that he was very pleased with modifications to the chassis saying it was not only boxed in but also double strength – the inner “C” section fitting inside the outer chassis. He felt they had managed to transform the steering with this stiffening of the chassis, the lowering of the engine, installing a Watts linkage, modern dampers and using large 750 tyres.

Des