Good evening all. I have repaired the bulkhead rot problem by letting in a small new piece of wood. This was important because one of the support bracket for the steering column is bolted onto this part of the bulkhead. I am posting photos.  First one of the photos  shows the new wood in place. Second one shows the underside of the bulkhead area and the steering column support stay bolted securely in place. All the rotten timber is now gone from the A  post. I have rough cut a suitable piece of wood which I shall  carve into a new A post over the next couple of weeks. I am currently shaping the timbers for the base of th A post, all of which were rotten. I will post photos as I go.

Good evening all. I have repaired the bulkhead rot problem by letting in a small new piece of wood. This was important because one of the support bracket for the steering column is bolted onto this part of the bulkhead. I am posting photos.  First one of the photos  shows the new wood in place. Second one shows the underside of the bulkhead area and the steering column support stay bolted securely in place. All the rotten timber is now gone from the A  post. I have rough cut a suitable piece of wood which I shall  carve into a new A post over the next couple of weeks. I am currently shaping the timbers for the base of th A post, all of which were rotten. I will post photos as I go.