I have posted pictures of the towing straps I bought last year from Demon Tweeks to conform to the latest regs for competion. I have been deciding the best way of fitting them to the car, hence the photos. As you can see the bumper brackets are bolted to the chassis with two 3/8th inch bolts. I think I shall make up a triangular bracket to fit between the chassis and the bumper bracket that is deep enough to allow the strap tho be bolted onto said bracket thus allowing the towing eye protrude just below the actual bumper itself. The same should be possible for both front and rear fixings. I think the same idea would work for my P1. My thoughts on one way of fixing a towing device.

I have posted pictures of the towing straps I bought last year from Demon Tweeks to conform to the latest regs for competion. I have been deciding the best way of fitting them to the car, hence the photos. As you can see the bumper brackets are bolted to the chassis with two 3/8th inch bolts. I think I shall make up a triangular bracket to fit between the chassis and the bumper bracket that is deep enough to allow the strap tho be bolted onto said bracket thus allowing the towing eye protrude just below the actual bumper itself. The same should be possible for both front and rear fixings. I think the same idea would work for my P1. My thoughts on one way of fixing a towing device.