Hi, both: l think Dave will have the best suggestion because he has the P1 and the datum points will be more similar to your car, Ben, than to mine. Personally l don't think that using a pulling point that is to one side of the car front, will be detrimental to the structure of the vehicle; l seem to recall that many moderns have a towing eye to one side, and the one now on my TR is bolted to the o/s chassis longeron - and it works well (l am sad to be able to reveal!). I took some snaps from the front this am., Ben, so if you'd like to see them, let me know and perhaps we can work out a way of getting them to you on Email. Tim.
Tim Wilson
Participant

Hi, both: l think Dave will have the best suggestion because he has the P1 and the datum points will be more similar to your car, Ben, than to mine. Personally l don’t think that using a pulling point that is to one side of the car front, will be detrimental to the structure of the vehicle; l seem to recall that many moderns have a towing eye to one side, and the one now on my TR is bolted to the o/s chassis longeron – and it works well (l am sad to be able to reveal!). I took some snaps from the front this am., Ben, so if you’d like to see them, let me know and perhaps we can work out a way of getting them to you on Email. Tim.